Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Journal 5 Dive!!!!

Currently after watching The Film “Dive”! It opened my eyes when it comes to America wasting food. The film Dive! Is a documentary made by Jerry Seifert and his friends who dumpster dive for food in back alleys and gated garbage receptacles of Los Angeles super markets.  The food that they dumpster dive for are items that are packaged with sell by labels or previous dates on them. Most food they find is fresh like different meats, fruit, and vegetables and dairy products. Most of the products they find are sealed up tight. The items that they collected were for them and their families.  It avoided them to spend money and also not having to go to the grocery store. When I heard about them diving in dumpsters I thought that was nasty and wondered how people can dive in stank garbage. The thought of it really made my stomach hurt.  Me personally I don’t think I can dumpster dive. I have a weak stomach. Also I would fear of getting sick and harming my family as well. I really don’t think stores should throw away food just because one item became bad I think they should give all the food they don’t want to charities, food banks, and homeless shelter’s to people who really are in need of food.  I never been to a food bank before but my grandmother and a couple of my relatives go. The food I’ve seen them receive was decent and good. I really hope America do better when it comes to wasting food.

No comments:

Post a Comment