Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My Journal "Waiting on Superman"


After watching the film “Waiting  for Superman” it opened my eyes about the public school system. First off I did not know that we were so behind in education in America, but then again I can see how that is true. I really don’t think it’s fair to students who actually want to learn and go to a great school to better their education. I mean it’s fair how they choose their students. But I feel that as long as the student’s grades are good no matter what school they went to should be accepted in any school they desire. While watching the video it was sad to see those kids waiting to hear their names being called when most of the children in the video did not get picked to attend the school they wanted. When I was a child I was enrolled into a public school but I wanted to get in a magnet school called “Lavila  school of arts” but I did not get accepted at all. I was very sad so I know how those kids feel in the film.no I do not have children in public schools, but I do have a younger brother and a lot of younger relatives in public schools. My experience in the public school system was ok. But the schools I attended were pretty laid back I really did have to work hard to get an easy “A” but as I look back I wish I went to a school that challenged my knowledge a lot more. Now that I am enrolled into college it affect me a little now. But education is the key to success and I try to encourage anyone who is school because it gets very difficult at times.   

No comments:

Post a Comment